Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited (USA 1965)

Roddus Album Of The Day


The Infamous Dylan Electric album. Any body with any sort of interest in Dylan will have probably heard it and if they haven't then they probably ain't into Dylan. What can I say about this album that hasn't already been said 1000 times over. Number four on the Rolling Stone Top 500, why? Because it should be, why? Because it is awesome, it is unique, it is one of the most incredible statements of popular music ever produced and Dylan is a lyrical and musical genius. From an album full of classics its not easy to produce songs that stand out but "Desolation Row" with its beautiful Spanish style guitar, which I assume was played by Charlie McCoy, While Dylan Strummed the Rhythm, is musically stunning. I have had a most enjoyable day revisiting this album and I can safely say that it fully deserves my 5/5 rating.

No comments: